Tomato Soup Hoeur D'oeuvre
Happy Spring everyone! It's been a while since I last posted, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I am back from my hiatus. I have a lot of exciting and new content to share with you all!
Today's recipe is one that I recently saw at a gala and thought it was a cute and easy way to take a typical recipe to a different level. I found these small mason jars on Amazon, and thought they would be perfect to accompany the hoeur d'oeuvres during a dinner party. While I'm in college, and one would think that I was more inclined to use paper plates and plastic cups, sometimes it's fun for my friends and I to host dinner parties, pretending we are much more adult than we are.
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 can of tomatoes
1 cup heavy cream
GF bread (my favorite is the one at Trader Joe's)
Cheese (for the grilled cheese)
1. Mince 1/4 of the onion.
2. In a pot, sautee the onion in 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
3. Add in the can of tomatoes.
4. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes on low heat.
5. Add in the heavy cream, stir it in well and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes.
6. Add in your preference of salt and pepper.
7. Blend the soup to the consistency you prefer.
8. On a pan, heat up some garlic butter (I found a really good one at Trader Joe's), and on your gluten-free bread (my favorite is also from Trader Joe's), spread a layer on mayonaise on just one side of each piece of bread.
9. Add the bread to the pan and make your grilled cheese sandwich as you normally would.
10. Slice up the grilled cheese in small squares and add them to a toothpick--this will lay on top of the small glasses of tomato soup.
11. Assemble the tomato soup hoeur d'oeuvres, and enjoy!