Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
Needless to say, the last few weeks of school have been a whirlwind. Between class, extracurriculars, and internship recruitment, you could say that I'm quite busy. That means that I have less time to prep for meals, and more importantly it means I have less time to eat. You should always prioritize meals, even if it means that you wake up a little earlier to pack that extra snack for the day. This recipe is one of the easiest things I can throw in the oven, and after making it with a few of my friends, they can attest to how delicious it is. It disappeared off the plate within a few minutes (we were supposed to have it with the spaghetti we were making, but we never even made it to that point). It also requires minimal ingredients, so as a college student, I can definitely appreciate that.
One Gluten-free Baguette (I used Schar)
One clove of garlic, minced
A handful of shredded cheese
Two tablespoons of olive oil
1. Cut up the gluten-free baguette.
2. Sprinkle the minced garlic evenly across the baguette.
3. Sprinkle the olive oil evenly (you don't have the cover the whole piece of baguette, just make sure some gets on each piece).
4. Sprinkle as much cheese as you want!
5. Bake it at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes and then set it on broil for another 4 minutes (the time might depend on your oven, so just makes sure the cheese melts before you broil it).
You can also whip up some tomatoes, onion, parsley, olive oil, and salt to create a small salsa that is very refreshing and pairs perfectly with the cheesy garlic bread.