Easy Alfredo Sauce Recipe (Naturally Gluten-free)
I am now three weeks into staying at home, and it has enabled me to try a lot more recipes! In this scary and tumultuous time it can be difficult to focus on the good, but it's so important to take the steps to ensure that you are taking care of yourself (more than just physically). I am going to try my best to publish recipes that are easy to make, with ingredients you hopefully have laying around! Together, we will cook our way through these uncertain times, finding the joy in what we can, hopefully learning new cooking tactics along the way.
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups shredded parmesan
1 cup mushrooms
1/4 of an onion, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute the minced garlic, onion, and mushroom in 1 tablespoon of butter until it produces a delightful aroma, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste while you're stirring.
3. Add in the rest of the butter, heavy cream, shredded parmesan.
4. Stirring occasionally, cook the sauce on medium heat for about 10-12 minutes. If you want to make the sauce a little cheesier, feel free to add more white cheese (I added a slice of Havarti cheese).
5. Garnish with parsley and add more salt and pepper to taste.
Voila! You have an easy alfredo sauce that is the perfect comfort food for when you need a little pick me up in quarantine!